Title: Associate Professor
Building: HPR 118
- Ph.D.: Environmental Sciences (Environmental Microbiology option). Rutgers University, New Brunswick. 2011.
- M.Sc.: Biological Sciences. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge. 2004.
- M.Phil.: Biology. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong. 2002.
- M.Sc.: Institute of Hydrobiology, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, China. 1989.
- B.Agr.: Huazhong (Central China) Agricultural University, Wuhan, China. 1986.
- Postdoctoral Associate, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta. 2013.
Dr. Yu focuses teaching and research on environmental microbiology and molecular microbial
ecology with previous experience in aquatic ecotoxicology & biogeochemistry.
- Introductory Biochemistry Laboratory (Rutgers University)
- Introductory Biology Laboratory (Louisiana State University)
- Marine Biology (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
- Environmental Biology (Sun Yat-sen University)
- From 2005 – 2014: Advising 10 undergraduates and graduates, and high school students in the studies of molecular microbial ecology.
Research Interests (See Lab Website )
- Environmental Microbiology: microbial transformation and biogeochemistry of toxic metals (e.g., Hg), biodegradation of allelochemicals and other toxic organic pollutants via molecular biology and in-situ analysis approaches.
- Microbial Metagenomics and Bioinformatics: gene sequence analysis, phylogenetic and community analysis of microbes in contamination habitats and remediation sites, identification of functioning genes and protein expression in novel microbial strains importantly in remediation and biofuel studies.
- Curriculum Vitae
Research Website: https://sites.google.com/site/riqingyulab/