UT Tyler

Office of International Programs

About the Passport Acceptance Facility

Located conveniently at UT Tyler, our full service Passport Acceptance Facility has served the East Texas community since October 2015. We are authorized by the U.S. Department of State to execute and mail-in only DS-11 form passport applications, and can provide guidance for those using other application forms or needing photos for other passport applications, visa applications, or international students on OPT.

We are open to the public and happily serve our students, Faculty and staff, East Texas community, state, and surrounding-state citizens. 

Learn about Services Offered In-House >>>

Find our Location >>>

Quick Links

DS-11 Applicant (First time applying, minor, previous passport lost/stolen, previous passport expired over 5 years ago)

DS-82 Applicant (Adult renewal)

Other Forms (Name change, replacing limited passport)

Minor Specifics

16-17 Year Old Specifics

U.S. Department of State Website

Questions? Contact Us!

Email (recommended method!)passport@uttyler.edu. Email is the best method of contact and is answered as soon as possible by an available acceptance agent.

Facebook: Find us here and leave us a review! You can also Messenger us.

Call: Our phone number is 903.565.5701. This number also serves the Intensive English Language Institute billing department. Please understand that our passport agents are unable to take phone calls while attending to current customers. In the event agents are unavailable, you will hear an automated voice system with directions to email us.

You can find answers to most questions here on our website or at travel.state.gov

Hours and Closures

  • Extended for Fall Semester 

    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday

    9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with Spanish assistance available. 

    Tuesday and Thursday

    12 p.m. to 4 p.m with limited Spanish assistance available.

    Applicants must be signed in by 3:30 p.m. to ensure service before closing, as mail is picked up promptly at 4 p.m. each day.


    We are closed for all national holidays and some school holidays. Please send an email for updates on school closures.

    Upcoming Closure: We will be closed October 8 for Columbus Day.

UT Tyler