Scheduling & Conference Services
Parking and Transportation
Reserved parking for your campus event can now be requested by UT Tyler faculty and staff via our online event scheduling system, Astra. The University of Texas at Tyler Campus Police are the schedulers of this resource and reserves the right to decline/approve requests.
- There is a 10-day lead time for requests to reserve blocked parking.
- NO requests to reserve blocked parking will be approved during the first 2 weeks of each fall and spring semester.
- Map of Campus Parking Lots
How Do I Request Reserved Parking?
- To request spaces to be coned off for event VIPs, approval needs to be given by UT Tyler Police Department. If approved, they will place cones out prior to 8:00 a.m. the day of your event. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure someone is in the parking lot to remove the cones..
- Complete the appropriate event request form in Astra answering all questions pertaining to your parking needs.
- For an event already scheduled in Astra, Log into Astra and use the Parking request form.
Alumni House Parking?
A maximum of 14 parking spaces can be reserved for Alumni House events occurring Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Buses are encouraged to park off campus. If parking is needed, log into Astra and use the Parking request form and select “Parking - Bus” instead of a parking lot. If possible, UT Tyler Police will assign a location or contact you with concerns.
Do I Need to Reserve Parking for my Evening/Weekend Event?
What if I Need to Reserve More than 50 Spaces? Can I combine Parking Lots?
UT Tyler Campus Police will determine the number of spaces that can be reserved.
- Reserving the shuttle buses for your event can now be requested by faculty and staff via Astra. Event Management is responsible for scheduling shuttle buses and requesting a university-approved driver, which will be approved/denied by UT Tyler Police Department.
- If students are being transported, approval is needed by Student Success. Travel forms can be found in the MOPP Chapter 13
- UT Tyler Police Department (UTPD) provides University-approved driver's name, if available.
How Do I Request a Shuttle Bus?
How Do I Request a Driver?
- Event Management will request a University-approved driver from UTPD via Astra.
- UTPD will determine if a University-approved driver is available for the date and time needed. If available, they will schedule the driver; and the event contact will receive confirmation from Astra with drivers name.
- If a University-approved driver is not available, the event contact will be notified by UTPD Parking Division and other means of transportation will be necessary (rent shuttle/driver from local vendor, van rental, etc.). The shuttle bus reservation will be cancelled.