Office of the Registrar
Diploma Degrees, Majors and Honors
Degree and Major
- Each diploma includes both the degree earned and major field of study.
- Diplomas for students whose degrees already include their major field of study in the degree title, such as Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences or Master of Business Administration, will not have the major field of study below the degree.
- Minors, specializations, concentrations and sub-plans earned as part of students' degree(s) will not be included on the diploma, but are reflected on the official transcript.
Undergraduate students who have earned academic honors with their baccalaureate degrees will have those honors reflected on their diploma.
All diplomas ordered for graduating students will be printed with the diploma name listed on the student's myUTTyler account.
- If there is no diploma name listed, the students' primary name will be printed on the diploma.
- The name change deadline for each graduation term is listed below
|Diploma Name Change Deadline|
- Students wishing to change their diploma name please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any changes made after the above deadlines to the diploma or primary names will not be reflected on the students' printed diploma and will be the students' responsibility for any charges to have their diploma reprinted with the requested changed name.
Effective Summer 2018, the size of UT Tyler diplomas varies based on the level of degree each student has earned.
- Baccalaureate degrees measure 8 1/2" x 11"
- Master's and Doctoral degrees measure 11" x 14"
- Diplomas will be sent the the diploma mailing address provided on the Parchment replacement diploma request.
- All diplomas are shipped directly from Parchment facilities via USPS mail services.
- If a diploma is damaged during delivery, students have a maximum of one full academic term to contact email@example.com with proof of the damages and request a reorder at no expense; normal order times will still apply. After one full academic term has lapsed, all applicable fees will apply. Diplomas that are lost in the mail follow the same time lines.
Each diploma mailer is marked to be returned to UT Tyler if it is undeliverable. Any time a diploma is returned in this manner, the Office of the Registrar will make every attempt to reach the student and obtain an updated diploma physical mailing address.
Diploma(s) will not be released to students with the following hold on their account.
- Financial Hold
To resolve any financial holds please contact Student Business Services, 903.566.7180 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to resolve this hold.
Once all applicable holds have been resolved, the student’s diploma will be mailed to the diploma mailing address on file.
- If this address needs to be updated, please update your diploma mailing address in your myUTTyler Student Center and contact email@example.com.
- If your myUTTyler Student Center has been deactivated, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duplicate or replacement diplomas are ordered weekly and take 25-30 business days to ship from the printing vendor, holidays may increase this time.
- $25/diploma fee
- For questions, contact email@example.com
Please be aware that diploma reorders will be reprinted using current formatting and official names/signatures, so they may not exactly match previous diplomas.