UT Tyler Registrar

Office of the Registrar

UT Tyler Academic Grievance Policy

Academic related grievances, such as disputes regarding grades, must be initiated within sixty (60) days from the date of receiving the final course grade by filing a Grade Appeal Form with the instructor who assigned the grade; this is separate from the Application for Appeal form submitted to the Student Appeals Committee, which does not rule on grade disputes as described in this policy.

If the student is not satisfied with the decision, the student may appeal in writing to the appropriate Chairperson of the department from which the grade was issued. Grievances may then be appealed to the Academic Dean and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Note: Grade Appeal Forms are available in each academic dean's office; they are not available at, and should not be submitted to, the One-Stop Services Center.