UT Tyler Registrar

Office of the Registrar

Transient Information

UT Tyler Students Taking Transient Courses Elsewhere

After a student is admitted to UT Tyler, he or she should not register for any course(s) at any other institution (transient / concurrent enrollment) until approval is granted on an Undergraduate Transient Form.

Courses taken to satisfy Core Curriculum requirements must be approved by the Office of the Registrar to assure they will apply toward the student's Core Curriculum requirements. This is per the Texas Administrative Code, which mandates that any student concurrently enrolled at more than one institution of higher education must follow the Core Curriculum of the institution in which they are classified as a degree-seeking student.

Courses taken that are applied to any area other than the Core Curriculum are considered to be 'Major Requirements' and must be approved by the student’s Advisor, Department Chair and the Office of the Registrar to assure that the course(s) taken at another institution will count toward the student’s degree. If the combination of UT Tyler and transient courses will exceed 18 hours the student must also have a signature of approval from the Dean of their College.

Transient Admission

Undergraduate students pursuing degrees at other colleges and universities who wish to take courses at the University of Texas at Tyler may be admitted as transient students. The transient student application and approval form are available at the Enrollment Services Center (STE 230) or the Admissions website.

Students interested in transient admission / enrollments may use the Class Search feature to browse available course offerings prior to applying.

A transient student who later wishes to be admitted to the University on a regular basis must apply for admission as a transfer student.

Students who attend the University as transient students and then are admitted on a regular basis are immediately subject to the University's academic regulations. Specifically, students will be placed on academic probation upon enrollment if their grade point average for work undertaken at the University as a transient student is below a 2.00.