Office of the Registrar
This process begins after all final grades have been posted at the end of the graduating term. This is a manual process of individually reviewing all submitted graduation application, degree conferring typically take three to five weeks to complete. In the case of Fall terms, this process is delayed until the university reopens following the holiday break.
- If there are any issues with your graduation application you will either be notified from your department advisor or the Office of the Registrar regarding how for it best to be resolved.
Final Graduation Requirements
All degree requirements must be completed within thirty (30) calendar days, not business days, of the official degree conferral date of each term, which can be found on the Academic Calendar as 'End of Term'. In the event that the final day falls on a weekend or holiday for which the University is closed, the deadline will be extended to the next business day to assure students have the opportunity to submit documents during normal 8AM-5PM CST operating hours.
- Failure to submit evidence of all outstanding items by this deadline for any student will result in denial of graduation, and the student will need to refile for graduation, including paying the graduation application fee again.
- Incomplete "I" or In-Progress "IP" grades, grade changes, and other evidence of outstanding requirements must be submitted no later than thirty (30) day deadline; failure to do so will result in denial of graduation. Students are responsible for working with their professors to resolve their grades and following up to ensure Grade Change Forms have been submitted.
- Official transcripts for all credits taken outside UT Tyler, external coursework,
must be submitted no later than the thirty (30) day deadline; failure to do so will
result in denial of graduation. These transcripts must reflect:
- Courses completed previously but never submitted to UT Tyler
- Courses taken during a student's final term
- Completion of any Incomplete grades from other colleges or universities
- Any CLEP, AP, or other credits earned from sources other than enrolled courses at other colleges or universities
- Official transcripts for external coursework can be emailed or mailed to the information
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: The University of Texas at Tyler Office of Admissions 3900 University Blvd., STE 230 Tyler, Texas 75799